|Tales from a Parallel Universe|
|Aired||Dec 11, 1998|
|Directed by||Christoph Schrewe|
|Written by||Paul Donovan|
|← Previous||Next →|
|«Giga Shadow (episode)»||«Terminal»|
"Mantrid" is the 1 episode of 2 season of the TV series "Lexx".
The episode aired on Dec 11, 1998 on the TV channel Space The Imagination Station in Canada.
The script for the episode was written by Paul Donovan. The director of the episode were Christoph Schrewe.
In this first episode, the crew encounters Mantrid, the former Bio-Vizier for His Divine Shadow. Mantrid claims he is able to provide the proto-blood necessary for Kai's continued existence; but Mantrid, of course, has an ulterior motive.
Kai, possessed by His Divine Shadow, convinces the crew that he is low on protoblood and leads the crew back to the Light Zone to retrieve a dormant offspring insect larvae of the Giga Shadow from the remains of the Cluster. The crew then goes to meet Mantrid, former Supreme Bio-Vizier for The Divine Order, under the pretense of trying to convince him to extract protoblood from the insect larvae. In actuality, His Divine Shadow needs Mantrid's help to revive the larvae so that His Divine Shadow can be transferred into it.
The aging Mantrid sees the value of the larvae and plans to use the insect's transference organ to transfer himself into a new machine body, which he has been constructing for a long time. Mantrid begins reviving the insect and dissecting it so that he can harvest its transference organ. However, once it is apparent that Mantrid has his own agenda, the possessed Kai attempts to kill Mantrid by shattering the jar containing his fluid-suspended organs and finishes transferring the essence of His Divine Shadow into the larvae.
Mantrid's besotted apprentice Viggo gathers up the remains of Mantrid's dying body and uses the transference organ to transfer Mantrid's essence from his dying body to the machine body. The crew flees to the Lexx and destroys the planet in an attempt to kill the insect and Mantrid, but Mantrid's machine escapes.
- “Many thousands of years ago we were defeated by humans in the great insect wars. Our human enemies thought they destroyed all insects but I escaped to live on. I hid myself by burying deep into a small planetoid, and there I waited.” — The Giga Shadow
- “I passed my essence, my soul, my intelligence, my everything, into a human host. As the last surviving insect, I knew that I would never be able to defeat the humans, but if I possessed a human body, then perhaps I could use humans to defeat themselves.” — The Giga Shadow
- “I became His Divine Shadow the most powerful ruler in the two universes. My power over humanity grew as I passed my power down through generation, after generation of human hosts. My insect body also grew in strength, fed by human flesh gathered from 20,000 unsuspecting planets, all unknowingly enslaved to their enemy.” — The Giga Shadow
- “But my order was destroyed by Kai, the last of the Brunnen-G. My prematurely reborn body was killed by the Lexx, the most powerful weapon of destruction ever built. Kai crushed the brain of my last human host, but he did not kill me, as I still live on.” — The Giga Shadow
- “But he does not know that I live, through him…” — The Giga Shadow
- All characters
- See Second season
- IMDb Mantrid
- English transcript Mantrid (transcript)
- Images from episode Category:Mantrid (episode)/images
- Episode review on Lexxplorations
- Add images and descriptions:
|•1||I Worship His Shadow • Super Nova • Eating Pattern • Giga Shadow||1•|
|•2||Mantrid • Terminal • Lyekka • Luvliner • Lafftrak • Stan's Trial • Love Grows • White Trash • 791 • Wake the Dead • Nook • Norb • Twilight • Patches in the Sky • Woz • The Web • The Net • Brigadoom • Brizon • End of the Universe||2•|
|•3||Fire and Water • May • Gametown • Boomtown • Gondola • K-Town • Tunnels • The Key • Garden • Battle • Girltown • The Beach • Heaven and Hell||3•|
|•4||Little Blue Planet • Texx Lexx • P4X • Stan Down • Xevivor • The Rock • Walpurgis Night • Vlad • Fluff Daddy • Magic Baby • A Midsummer's Nightmare • Bad Carrot • 769 • Prime Ridge • Mort • Moss • Dutch Treat • The Game • Haley's Comet • Apocalexx Now • Viva Lexx Vegas • Trip • Lyekka vs Japan • Yo Way Yo||4•|
|•••||EN Transcripts • RU Transcripts • DE Transcripts • FR Transcripts •||•••|